#1 johnny

johnny

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:32 PM

Hey,

I have just read the Betting Exchange Trading Software review on this site in the Blogs category and would just like to say that I have had problems too with the Xbot and the Uk Horse Racing markets not loading.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

I am a bit worried about leaving the software on its own now after reading the message posted by Gary Parker:

"Ten mins later i logged on to betfair to see how the game was going and was mortified to find myself in the red for £630!
The x-bot had backed away merrily without registering the trades as its supposed to, and even more worrying(something you get used to when you use the x-bot) it had not attempted to lay any of thr trades????
It backed only."

It hasn't happened to me yet so Im going to keep an eye on it for a while.

Anyway, I would be interested in hearing other people's opinions about the software.

#2 margaret

margaret

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:19 AM

Just wanted to put my two pennies in (so to speak)

I purchased Xbot about 6 months ago and must say that I was impressed. I had a few problems recently with the markets not loading etc but I think that was due to the Betfair Upgrade.

No one ever says anything nice about products and the only news you ever hear is the BAD news. Watch the news at 10pm and you will know what I mean!

I tell you what though, I used Xbot's predictor software that you get free when you purchase and since September I have made over £30,000 with it! Most people's profits wont be as big as I use between £300 and £500 stakes but there is definately potential there!

My advice to anyone just starting using the software is to be careful and watch the software initially until you have built up confidence. You need to know how to get yourself out of a trade if the other side of the bet isn't matched, so money management is very important.

You wouldn't leave another person with your money to bet on the betting exchanges until you were confident they were safe so why let a bot do it?

#3 zybbok

zybbok

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 02:03 AM

Hello Folks.
I purchased XBot on 5/4/2006 and shortly afterwards Betfair decided to alter their website.
I haven't been able to use XBot for about 22 days and when I tried a few days ago, I lost £200 on just 2 bets because it just Backed and would not Lay.
The problem is definitely with the UK and Irish horse racing with the Market View screen not showing.
I’m wondering if this affects the Back/Lay function and screens as well?
I’ve been in contact with Bettingbots.com on an almost daily basis asking when an update would be available but I’m afraid I’m getting nowhere with them regards this; I didn't get a reply to a lot of my emails.
I did get a few emails telling me of the virtues of their Predictor and Communicator programs, but I found that the Predictor program was not all it was meant to be either.
I just did ‘Paper Trading’ with the Predictor and found that there were considerable losses there too.
I’m really not into Backing (Positives) as I prefer Laying (Negatives) but the Predictor didn’t have much in the way of Lay (Negatives) bets.
As yet I haven’t tried the Communicator but I’m so disillusioned by the whole program that I don’t think I’ll bother.
I’ve now contacted them and asked for a refund, maybe this will compensate me a little for the £200 I lost.
sad.gif

#4 zybbok

zybbok

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:52 AM

Hello Folks.
If anyone is reading this Forum, this is an update to my recent reply on 28/4/06.
I've been in constant contact, via email, with XBot regarding a refund or a date for the Update, but I'm getting nowhere fast.
All my emails go unanswered and I've got to the point that I'm now going to contact my local Trading Standards office for help and advice.
My last email to XBot was to tell them this, so I'll wait and see if they respond to the threat.
The advice I'm offering to all is not to go near XBot; it's a complete waste of the purchase price, the after-sales service gets a 0 out of 10 and you could be seriously out of pocket if you try and use the software as it doesn't work correctly.
I've now purchased Fairbot and although it's a different program from XBot in that it's used manually, it works, it's very resonably priced, about £60 and so far I've made a small profit. wink.gif

#5 johnny

johnny

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:33 PM

Hey,

Not sure if its true, but I have just heard that xbot is no longer available. I have just read that "You should be aware that this programme is no longer functional with the Uk Horse racing markets. Furthermore they no longer answer their mail and have abandoned their customers. I have notified the advertising standards authority on this matter"

Can anyone else tell me if they have heard this?

Awaiting comments.
Bye

#6 lithium

lithium

Motor Mouth!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:41 PM

Hi all, I can only agree with the comments made by Johnny and Zybbok, Bettingbots.com have failed to reply to the last 5 or 6 emails and it looks as if the claims of second to none customer service are as good as the software mad.gif .

Ist response from them below:

Hi John,

I'm sorry I couldn't reply to you at the weekend.

You're absolutely correct about this - it's currently working fine on
all markets apart from the UK races, which is a complete pain. We've
got the programmers working on a solution and should be receiving an
update to rectify it this week. In the meantime I apologise for the
inconvenience you've experienced.

Please give me a minute or two and I'll send you something else to
take a look at as there are other ways to use the service to generate
a decent income too.....

Best wishes,

Lesley-Ann

My Comment: It's more than a complete pain Lesley-Ann -it's downright dishonest of Bettingbots to sell the software knowing it does not work in the major betting market 99.9% of us bought it for in the first place!!!

The Predictor software - well I have'nt found that it's any good at all (30K - your're havin a giraff surely Margaret!!!) - Had a similar email from Lesley Ann. dry.gif

Will also contact trading Standards or their equivalent now but not hopeful. A letter to my bank to recover the money was unsuccessful apparently by saying in the terms and conditions that there are no guarantees X-Bot will work at all is enough to be able to wash their hands of us customers!!! Words like Charlatans, Crooks and Scum spring to mind when I think of Bettingbots.com

They're rubbish avoid them like you would the plague!!!

Lith

#7 arkel

arkel

Chatter Box!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 11:52 PM

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif hello all arkel here great to be part of your forum i just started tonight on forum are arso i wish you the best of luck and health. well i am greatfull for this topic to come up. i bought xbot about six months ago about 3 months ago i could not log on to it, got a email from xbots telling me that betfair was upgrading their site and has soon has they received the new upgrade i would be back on line, up till now i have not heard a word from then, i emailed yesterday im waiting for a email from them which could be any year now. i dont know if their acvive at present or not so my advice is dont send them a penny of your money , they treat members like shit keep well clear of them. i feel a right fool i thought lesley ann was up front and good to deal with, mabye she is and her hands are tied i dont know , but people like them wont give up they will use a new service to fool members again if they were anygood at all the least they could do is email to let people know were they stand, sorry for going on a bit ,but i cant stand cheats like them. god bless you all take care . arkel mad.gif

#8 aprx

aprx

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:24 AM

Hello all,
I am very interested to buy X-Bot but I am a bit wary upon reading these bad comments.
To sum up, what is wrong with this package?
Does it have really annoying bugs and, above all, does it make mistakes ?
aprx

#9 laytheodds

laytheodds

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24,711 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:45 AM

Hi,

I am not sure if X-Bot is still for sale, when I visited their website, I couldn't see a way to make payment. I think they may have stopped selling it as it wasn't performing properly.

Let me know if you find a way to purchase so I know if it is still for sale or not.

There are some more comments in this Betting bot review blog

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1)
Online Payment Processing