• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spreadeck

spreadeck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:31 PM

Hi the Sage here or David Bugden....Just wanted to say how impressed I have been with the spread tipping so far very good, even by me!! I wanted to
start discussion on when or if to close off spread bets does anyone have a formula or feeling on how long to keep a spread open. I look forward to the chat and the continued top qaulity tips.

#2 spreadeck

spreadeck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:31 PM

Hi the Sage here or David Bugden....Just wanted to say how impressed I have been with the spread tipping so far very good, even by me!! I wanted to
start discussion on when or if to close off spread bets does anyone have a formula or feeling on how long to keep a spread open. I look forward to the chat and the continued top qaulity tips.

Good to see you making yourself known to your public Dave, sorry Sage!

There is an argument for saying that each spread should be left to run to it's conclusion, and over the piece I'm fairly sure that would be the most profitable option. The main reason for that view is that you have already placed one bet at the bookies terms, so why do it again? That's probably what they like to see you do.

Clearly, there are many positions which would have been best closed, with hindsight, but my point is that overall, if you close nothing, you should be marginally better off.

I know there is a certain football match that you could mention from the FA Cup a few seasons ago, which is a great argument for closing, and no doubt others as well, and no doubt if you are fully tuned into a live event for example then there will be situations where it seems an obvious choice to close.

Like many aspects of gambling or trading, there is no right or wrong answer, otherwise there would be no discussion.

Look forward to hearing more views on this.

#3 spreadeck

spreadeck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:33 PM

Hi all, I am a complete newbie to spreads, as Alex can testify to. I only opened my first account just over a week ago, so i don't think I should really be answering this, but here goes.

I closed two bets early yesterday - Arsenal supremacy (when they scored 2nd goal) and one of my racing bets - don't recal which one. I made money on both bets, but closed wrongly with Arsenal and correctly with the racing bet. I know a fair bit about football, but my "expertise" if you will, is horse racing. I am trying to find profitable angles from the various markets and closing bets will be part of my strategy. The tipsters on here seem to be very experienced, knowledgeable and will profit more by sticking to their initial instincts and leave the bets run (unless they are in the mire of course).

POSTED originally by Mark.

#4 spreadeck

spreadeck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

Hi all, I am a complete newbie to spreads, as Alex can testify to. I only opened my first account just over a week ago, so i don't think I should really be answering this, but here goes.

I closed two bets early yesterday - Arsenal supremacy (when they scored 2nd goal) and one of my racing bets - don't recal which one. I made money on both bets, but closed wrongly with Arsenal and correctly with the racing bet. I know a fair bit about football, but my "expertise" if you will, is horse racing. I am trying to find profitable angles from the various markets and closing bets will be part of my strategy. The tipsters on here seem to be very experienced, knowledgeable and will profit more by sticking to their initial instincts and leave the bets run (unless they are in the mire of course).

POSTED originally by Mark.

It's never easy Mark. I think sometimes if you have a position on a Live event in-running and something significant happens, it's so easy to react quickly by closing out when in reality you may be overreacting. Discipline comes into it as always, as well as your ability to analyse the situation in the event. You should only do in-running in a sport you know inside out.

Then there's opposite end of the spectrum, for example long term points bets in football. Here you could potentially have a decision to make after every match, so plenty of time to make your mind up.

However, if in doubt, leave it running!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users