4 replies to this topic

#1 uknowit

uknowit

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

Hi all, long time lurker – first time poster.

I’ve been working on and developing a laying system since the beginning of the year. I’ve been testing it since the beginning of March and have some results.

With my basic criteria I have the following results:

Bets: 210, Wins: 175, S/R: 83.33%, Yield: 6.28%, Avg Odds: 5.27

And with selective criteria have the following results:

Bets: 126, Wins 104, S/R: 82.54%, Yield 7.91%, Avg Odds 4.84

I have some questions and am hoping someone can help.

1) Which of the 2 sets of results would you consider the better (The first with more games and higher S/R, or the second with fewer games but a higher yield and lower avg odds?).
2) Is there any way of testing the significance, or the potential future for the system?
3) The results are based around half time scorelines. With the normal domestic seasons coming to a halt – does anyone know a good way of obtaining previous seasons data for “summer” leagues (Sweden, Brazil, Japan, Russia, Norway etc).

Hoping for some useful feedback.

#2 laymaster2

laymaster2

Motor Mouth!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:01 AM

1-i prefer the result with a max odd of 4.84 .is there a big difference between the first and second results ? i think not.
2-we never know how the future will be .
3-i don't know the statistics but you will find cetainly on a website .

#3 99reds

99reds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:24 AM

Hi all, long time lurker – first time poster.

I’ve been working on and developing a laying system since the beginning of the year. I’ve been testing it since the beginning of March and have some results.

With my basic criteria I have the following results:

Bets: 210, Wins: 175, S/R: 83.33%, Yield: 6.28%, Avg Odds: 5.27

And with selective criteria have the following results:

Bets: 126, Wins 104, S/R: 82.54%, Yield 7.91%, Avg Odds 4.84

I have some questions and am hoping someone can help.

1) Which of the 2 sets of results would you consider the better (The first with more games and higher S/R, or the second with fewer games but a higher yield and lower avg odds?).
2) Is there any way of testing the significance, or the potential future for the system?
3) The results are based around half time scorelines. With the normal domestic seasons coming to a halt – does anyone know a good way of obtaining previous seasons data for “summer” leagues (Sweden, Brazil, Japan, Russia, Norway etc).

Hoping for some useful feedback.

Hi there long time lurker.

Both sets of figures are good, it is notoriously difficult to make long term gains laying at such odds. As to which is the better, it would depend on the person and how much action that person wants. Obviously the first one gives more action but the second one has lower odds and I would always prefer that one when laying.

You cannot tell the potential of a system over 2 months, you would have to run it for at least one full season. So I would suggest you pick one of them, maybe do a bit of tweaking between now and the end of the season and then run it for the full season starting in August.

I am not at all sure you would be able to find a site that would give the half time scores of the Summer leagues gone past. I may be wrong, you would just have to google each summer league in turn and see what turns up.

The best of luck with your new system.

#4 uknowit

uknowit

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

Thanks both for your responses. I will certianly tinker a bit and see if I can obtain the half time data from somewhere for summer leagues.

Hopefully I will have sufficient data to be in a position to have the system available for the beginning of next season.

#5 uknowit

uknowit

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:02 PM

Thanks both for your responses. I will certianly tinker a bit and see if I can obtain the half time data from somewhere for summer leagues.

Hopefully I will have sufficient data to be in a position to have the system available for the beginning of next season.

Please, anyone who is interested can follow my progress here. http://www.footballv...s.blogspot.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users