76 replies to this topic

#16 roopert

roopert

Heavy Contributor!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:51 AM

I see a big 6 point win bet from simplebet went down the pan today.

Yeah, ran really poor. Never looked like winning.

That happens though. Rough with the smooth and all that!
There was a period last year when they couldn't get a winner for love nor money but I stuck it out and was more than paid back in the long run.

#17 jarv

jarv

Heavy Contributor!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

Too right, if you can stick it out and trust them then you know they will come good for you again soon.

#18 roopert

roopert

Heavy Contributor!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:27 PM

Decent day today Jarv.

Stash e/w was backed in from 13/2 to 7/2 and was 2nd. Russian Music was sent out last night at 5/2 and was backed down to evens before winning doing handstands!

To be honest, if they break even in January given the current weather problems I'll be delighted.

#19 jarv

jarv

Heavy Contributor!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:01 PM

Russian Music was a very good winner indeed, well done!

#20 roopert

roopert

Heavy Contributor!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:14 PM

Russian Music was a very good winner indeed, well done!

Have you joined yet Jarv?
If not, are you going to?

#21 jarv

jarv

Heavy Contributor!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

I'm joining up once the NH starts again!

#22 roopert

roopert

Heavy Contributor!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:56 PM

I'm joining up once the NH starts again!

Good move.

Hope you don't affect them in the same way you did CD systems lol!

#23 pjj4263

pjj4263

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:59 PM

Hi Guys

I have recently signed up for simplebet and it has gone okay so far although only been following the free trial and few bets due to bad weather.

They have only proofed with racing index for around six weeks and result are very poor. The response they gave regarding fixed stakes is nonsense. If you tick the advised stakes box on the racing index site you will see it adjusts results to however many points they proposed and it is not great.

Has anyone actually followed this service for a decent lenght of time and shown a profit. I feel they are quite genuine but don't want to waste more money following unreliable tipsters.

PJ

#24 jarv

jarv

Heavy Contributor!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:17 PM

Yes PJ I thought that as well, the racing index site is excellent and has filters for points staked as you pointed out.

I'm taking a watching brief for now and will see how the service is doing in another 4-6 weeks before deciding to join up.

#25 roopert

roopert

Heavy Contributor!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

Hi Guys

I have recently signed up for simplebet and it has gone okay so far although only been following the free trial and few bets due to bad weather.

They have only proofed with racing index for around six weeks and result are very poor. The response they gave regarding fixed stakes is nonsense. If you tick the advised stakes box on the racing index site you will see it adjusts results to however many points they proposed and it is not great.

Has anyone actually followed this service for a decent lenght of time and shown a profit. I feel they are quite genuine but don't want to waste more money following unreliable tipsters.

PJ

Hi PJ,

I don't know much about how racing index works and their proofing but have been very impressed so far.
I heard about them after someone on the betfair forum mentioned them and have been really impressed so far, especially considering the weather conditions.
The person who mentioned them on BF said he had been with them for over a year and had made some very steady profits, even with a couple of bad runs over that period.

Purely from a personal point of view I think they are very genuine guys, which is certainly rare in the tipping game. I requested a copy of a couple of messages from them that weren't showing on Racing Index and they admitted that they rely on their web guys to proof there and duly forwarded on to me the messages that I requested.

I did feel guilty then for doubting them but they were fine about it!

I have tried, literally, 20+ tipsters over the last 20 years and wasted loads of money. Some were very expensive and very rubbish! I used to be with MBM Racing and they were pretty good but they disappeared and I'm hoping Simplebet will make up for that void.

I may be completely wrong and end up leaving after my 3 month membership runs out but I'm willing to give it a go based on what I've seen so far.

Roo

#26 pjj4263

pjj4263

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:36 AM

Hi Roo and Jarv

I do think they are a genuine service and so I intend to follow them with very small stakes for the next month or so.

Did you know that they sell 3 months membership on ebay for £99. I found it completely by chance last night and was suprised to say the least.

PJ

#27 roopert

roopert

Heavy Contributor!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:24 AM

Hi Roo and Jarv

I do think they are a genuine service and so I intend to follow them with very small stakes for the next month or so.

Did you know that they sell 3 months membership on ebay for £99. I found it completely by chance last night and was suprised to say the least.

PJ

Hi,

I didn't know that PJ, thanks for the heads up.
I'll maybe email them to see if I can get that deal by buying direct with them. Gotta be worth a go?!

#28 jarv

jarv

Heavy Contributor!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:28 PM

Did they have anything today?

CD Systems found another winner, hopefully he is back on form again, I need him to be!

#29 roopert

roopert

Heavy Contributor!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

No bet today Jarv.

They never back at odds on so racing was a bit limited for them I guess

#30 Steve.C

Steve.C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:32 PM

Hi All

Interesting thread here, but you can get excellent free tips by going to the attheraces site. I wrote an article recently on the main site (www.laytheodds.com)where I mentioned Hugh Taylor who achieved profits of over 400 points from March-Dec. You will struggle to get the early prices he states but it is really interesting the reasoning behind his selections. Each week he also does an eye-catchers video which you can again view once you sign-up and log in as a free member. It's a very useful site and also has stable tours and an great Irish racing Tipster. There is so much free info out there I personally don't think you need to pay for tips....but if thats your preference and it's paying for itself then great.

All the best
Steve C

I am happy to trial any service on here if they are up for it!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users