#31 mattkw007

mattkw007

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:03 PM

Thanks for Mark's good tips.
I'm new of BetbotPro, could you give me some help?
1. what's "unsettled market allowed" used for and what's the cretria of "unsettled"?
2. How to make the best of "1st/2nd... favorites"?

thx

If you only allow the bot to bet with 1 unsettled market, it will not bet until that race has been settled. Especially handy if your using a recoverey stake. As for 1st and 2nd favs try some trial and error using the simulation mode, hope that helps

#32 mattkw007

mattkw007

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:21 PM

Hi Mark, just a quickie, been testing laying trap 1 on the greyhounds after I noticed it hardly ever came in and I mean hardly. Been in good profit everyday for a week or so. I limit my liability so if it wins 1 in 6 times on average you would still break even if you know what I mean ?

#33 mattkw007

mattkw007

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

Im currently +£179 just on tonights races :D

#34 mattkw007

mattkw007

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:25 PM

Im currently +£179 just on tonights races :D

Using £20 stakes (sorry to keep posting)

#35 Betnozomi

Betnozomi

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:25 PM

Hi Matt, I am still using the same settings as they have served me well.

What's the ratio of Max profit over your bank?

#36 Betnozomi

Betnozomi

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

Using £20 stakes (sorry to keep posting)

Mattkw007, Could you share your setting?

#37 Mark_Layton

Mark_Layton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:31 PM

Hi Mark, just a quickie, been testing laying trap 1 on the greyhounds after I noticed it hardly ever came in and I mean hardly. Been in good profit everyday for a week or so. I limit my liability so if it wins 1 in 6 times on average you would still break even if you know what I mean ?

That's an interesting theory, although it is usually course/going dependant - I have known 7 trap 1's win at one meeting in the past!

#38 Mark_Layton

Mark_Layton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:33 PM

What's the ratio of Max profit over your bank?

Mine is set at 10

#39 mattkw007

mattkw007

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:36 PM

Mattkw007, Could you share your setting?

I noticed that trap 1 hardly ever wins in greyhound racing so I decided to lay them to 7.00 max liability and min 2.00 knowing that if trap 1 came in 1/6 times it would average out over time but for some reason it has swung in my favor for a week or so. I will continue to test it out for a while longer or use small stakes when I use real money.

#40 Betnozomi

Betnozomi

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:38 PM

Mine is set at 10

maybe you gave me back/lay ratio

what I want to know is if there is 100GBP in your betfair bank what value will you set "Max Profit"?

#41 Jimboo

Jimboo

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:20 AM

Hi,

i proceeded my backing on the 1. fav & now on the 2. fav., good profit until this time :-)
But now I have noticed, that the favs are back to the statistics of winning with 30% in the average.. also good to lay.. hm. sometimes i had to wait 14 races to win with backing... otherwise its very interesting what you say about the recovery, laymaster2. that the recovery can be risky, i've known it to happen now since the weekend.
but what would you say with a recovery with backing? without backing its very difficult, isn't it?

i think, if i couldnt use the recovery by laying, and my selection (1., 2. or 3. fav.) would win more often than usually in a row, so i lose more money than i could win, or not? with the recovery the money comes back to me, later time with a higher bankroll. hmm, i am a little bit confused ;-)

and finally my last question: is it possible, that there a special days in a week, or daytime in a day, where the favs would win more often than on the other days or times?

i excuse me for my english, i am very good in reading and understanding, but writing its a debacle :-D

best regards,
jimboo

#42 Mark_Layton

Mark_Layton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:28 AM

maybe you gave me back/lay ratio

what I want to know is if there is 100GBP in your betfair bank what value will you set "Max Profit"?

My apologies! I did indeed give you the back/lay ratio - if there is £100 in my bank, I set max profit to £1000

#43 laymaster2

laymaster2

Motor Mouth!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:52 AM

is it possible, that there a special days in a week, or daytime in a day, where the favs would win more often than on the other days or times?

yes it is possible but all day are not the same.
i remembered a day ,i layed 3 times in a row and my 3 dogs have won each their races .it was an unfortunately day.

#44 Mark_Layton

Mark_Layton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:00 AM

yes it is possible but all day are not the same.
i remembered a day ,i layed 3 times in a row and my 3 dogs have won each their races .it was an unfortunately day.

There are certain meetings where the favourites and 2nd favourites have a higher strike rate - you should look at The Racing Post online and avoid these type of races - also Novice Chases have a high strike rate for favourites.

#45 Betnozomi

Betnozomi

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:52 AM

My apologies! I did indeed give you the back/lay ratio - if there is £100 in my bank, I set max profit to £1000

Nice, hope it could touch 10times

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Online Payment Processing